IDEA: nominate your best teacher »
Nominate now your best teacher for the IDEA (Inter-Actief Decentralised Education Award)!
Also this year, the UT organises the UTEA (UT Education Award). Inter-Actief may nominate one teacher for this award that will be selected during the IDEA (Inter-Actief Decentralised Education Award). During the IDEA, you can vote for the best teacher in our domain to be represented at the UTEA.
During the lunch lecture (March 19), several nominees will present themselves, after which you can vote for the best teacher.
Who are the nominees? That is for you to decide! Have you had an awesome teacher this year? Nominate him or her before 6th March with the link below:
National Student Survey (NSE) »
Are you happy with your study programme? Do certain things need improvement? Don't waste your vote! Inform others and improve your study here.
What is the difference between the NSE and other evaluations?
- UT educational evaluations (e.g. structured questionnaires, interviews with students or student panels) provide us with insights into specific opportunities for improvement that we can get to work on immediately, if possible.
- The National Student Survey is an independent national survey designed to measure student satisfaction at all Dutch colleges and universities. The results are used by external parties (Keuzegids, Elsevier, Studiekeuze 123) in order to measure the reputation of the university and degree programmes.
Why is participation important?
- Every opinion counts; in order to produce a better overall picture, it is important that every student's voice is heard;
- You help future students with their specialization; your opinion is important for the choice of future UT students.
- The results will enable universities of applied sciences and research universities to improve their quality.
- In addition, you have a chance of winning six months' tuition fees and other prizes.
What did we do with previous years’ NSE outcomes?
- Actions already taken
- Feedback sessions to discuss results NSE.
- Improved programme website with more clear information on contents and procedures regarding thesis and graduation;
- More information sessions to inform bachelor students about master’s programs and specializations.
- Plans for the near future
- Further improvement quality assurance: e.g. better communication about results course evaluations and improvements in courses.
Participate before 11 March 2018
- 20 January you received an invitation by e-mail. This e-mail contains a link to log in.
- If you did not receive an invitation, you can get a new link to the questionnaire using the lost link tool or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NSE is an annual survey. Even if you completed the questionnaire last year, you can still participate again this year.
Fill out the survey and let us know what you think of the UT. Your opinion counts!
For the student-for-a-day programme of some master's degrees we are looking for a few students that would like to take a student that is interested in your study with you.
The only requirements for this are doing a master and being able to speak English. There is also a small compensation available for every student-for-a-day. If you are familiar with the bachelor student-for-a-day programme, the master student-for-a-day programme is similar, but with more focus on the content of the study than everything around it.
It concerns the following masters:
- Business Information Technology
- Computer Science (Track Software Technology or Cyber Security)
- Embedded Systems
- Internet Science & Technology
Are you interested or do you have any questions? Send an email to email@example.com.
For Discrete structures & efficient algorithms we are looking for 3 students who have sufficient knowledge about Python to assist with the Python practicum.
This will mainly take place in the following afternoons (13:45-17:30): 6, 8, 14 February; 7, 14, 21, 28 March; 9 April.
Interested? Please contact Rom Langerak (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Happy holidays! »
During the Christmas break, the association room will be closed. We wish you a Merry Christmas and see you next year!
The association room will be opened again from 8 January onwards. Monday afternoon, we will bring out a toast together with the faculty.
Update balcony renovations »
Because of floor renovations the balcony will be inaccessible several times this week.
The balcony, and therefore the Inter-Actief room, will be closed at the following moments: Tuesday from 16:30 until Wednesday morning Friday from 13:00 until Monday morning As you've probabily gotten used to, we will host our room in the MBasement on Friday afternoon.
Room closed on Thursday »
Because of balcony maintenance the Inter-Actief room will be closed on Thursday 7th.
Therefore, as planned earlier, we will move the IA room to the MBasement for this day. We expect to be able to access the balcony Friday afternoon again.
The enrolment period for Study Tour Shift, the upcoming study tour to South Korea and Japan in the theme of cyber-physical systems, will close on December 8th.
In order to enroll, send the following information to email@example.com:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter
- Study plan
For more information, check out our website!
Balcony renovations »
This week the balcony floor will be renewed, which means that the balcony and IA-room will be unavailable at certain times.
- On Monday the 27th of November the kitchen block will be removed.
- Tuesday the 28th of November the balcony floor will be removed starting from 16:00.
- Wednesday the 29th of November the balcony will be accessible till 18:00.
- Thursday the 30th of November the balcony will be accessible the whole day.
- Friday the 1st of December the floor will be finalized starting from 12:00. The IA-room will be available till 11:00, and after 11:00 the board will be present in de MBasement, directly underneath the IA-room.
One of our studies, Technical Computer Science, has been rated by the Keuzegids Universiteiten as a Top Rated Programme.
This seal is granted to studies scoring 75 points or higher in the Keuzegids (decision guide). TCS has improved by 16 points compared to last year, bringing it to 78 points in total. We wholeheartedly congratulate the faculty with this achievement, and hope that we as a study association have contributed our part in this, now and in the future. Of course we will celebrate this achievement with the faculty in an appropriate matter, more information on this will follow soon.
Let’s GO! Study/Internship Abroad Fair »
Want to do (part) of your study or internship abroad? Visit the Let’s GO! Study/Internship Abroad Fair to learn about possibilities for study, internship and research abroad.
International partner universities and UT faculty representatives will be attending the fair as well, and you will be able to get information about scholarships and practical preparation.
Let’s GO! is a free event organized by International Office to inform UT students about possibilities for studying abroad, what to do when arranging an international internship and how to get funding from the UT or other organizations. Additionally, UT students who have already been abroad will be sharing their stories with you as well.
The 2017 edition of the Let's Go takes place on the 21st of November 2017, from 10.00 to 14.00, at the DesignLab of the University of Twente. For more information about Let’s GO!, contact International Office: firstname.lastname@example.org and have a look at the photos of the previous event.
Bachelor honours programme »
For its more ambitious students, the University of Twente offers an interesting honours programme which challenges the students to show their best.
The programme starts every year in February and is for the top 10% of each study only. In nearly one and a half year you follow a programme of 30 EC next to your regular bachelor programme. As the programme is open for all bachelors, you will work in an interdisciplinary group of excellent and motivated students. During the course, you will be intensively guided and tutored by a specially chosen group of scientists with different backgrounds and disciplines.
More information: https://www.utwente.nl/en/excellence/bachelor/honours/
- 12th of December 12.30-13.30: Information lunch, Ravelijn Atrium
- 10th of January: Deadline application
- 12-01-2018 - 22-01-2018: Selection interviews