Elections faculty council EEMCS »
Elections faculty council EEMCS for personnel and students 2018.
In the coming weeks the election procedure for the EEMCS faculty council will be held for the sections employees and students. Both sections have 8 positions in the council. The election is for the legislative period September 2018- August 2019 (students) / August 2020 (employees).
Do you want to represent your fellow students in the faculty council? Participate in the elections! Nomination Day is scheduled on Tuesday, April 10 (till 17.00 hrs).
Obituary Mike Webster »
With immense regrets we inform you that Mike Webster suddenly passed away this morning, 12th March 2018.
During the weekend Mike became sick and was hospitalized. Mike died at the age of 18.
Filled with enthusiasm Mike started his student life per September at the Business and IT (BIT) programme. His curiosity made him doubt whether BIT was the right programme for him. Per December Mike transferred to the Technische Bedrijfskunde (TBK) programme, which he felt to be a better fit for his interests. He was happy with his choice, was doing well and enjoyed student life with his new made friends. Although he was around at the University only a short time, he knew a lot of people and a lot of people knew him.
Typical for Mike was his positive and cheerful attitude. His kindness and social mind made us smile and made him noticed. Always in for a hand wave or a quick cup of coffee with students and/or lecturers, Mike made a lasting impression.
We feel shocked and sad with the loss of Mike, and we want to offer our condolences to his parents, family, friends, and loved ones.
To remember Mike properly, we would like to make a book full of memories. That is why we ask everyone who knew Mike to share their memories with us. We would like to bundle these memories and offer this book to his parents to show that Mike will be missed enormously, also here at University. These memories can consist of stories, poems, photos, anecdotes or any other personal contribution. Would you please send your contribution to email@example.com before the 16th of March?
On behalf of,
prof.dr. T.A.J. Toonen (Dean TBK)
prof.dr. C. Aydin (Vice Dean Education TBK)
dr.ir. J.M.J. Schutten (Programme Director TBK)
Study Association Stress
Call for minutes secretary OLC-IT »
The Programme Committee (OLC) is searching for a student(s) to make the minutes for the meetings.
BOZ will still be the contactperson and we will take care of compiling the meeting documents. For students it is only about making minutes.
BOZ is looking for students who are interested, and, preferably, who have some experience in making (English) minutes, and are registered as B- or M-Computer Science student. The minutes secretary can not be a member of the OLC.
There are at most 11 meetings every year, always on a Tuesday morning. The language of communication of the meeting is Dutch.
The minutes secretary will receive a compensation, these students will have a UT Flex appointment and can claim expenses for worked hours.
In case you are interested and/or have questions you can contact Sabine Padberg
firstname.lastname@example.org, T: 0534895455
IDEA: nominate your best teacher »
Nominate now your best teacher for the IDEA (Inter-Actief Decentralised Education Award)!
Also this year, the UT organises the UTEA (UT Education Award). Inter-Actief may nominate one teacher for this award that will be selected during the IDEA (Inter-Actief Decentralised Education Award). During the IDEA, you can vote for the best teacher in our domain to be represented at the UTEA.
During the lunch lecture (March 19), several nominees will present themselves, after which you can vote for the best teacher.
Who are the nominees? That is for you to decide! Have you had an awesome teacher this year? Nominate him or her before 6th March with the link below:
National Student Survey (NSE) »
Are you happy with your study programme? Do certain things need improvement? Don't waste your vote! Inform others and improve your study here.
What is the difference between the NSE and other evaluations?
- UT educational evaluations (e.g. structured questionnaires, interviews with students or student panels) provide us with insights into specific opportunities for improvement that we can get to work on immediately, if possible.
- The National Student Survey is an independent national survey designed to measure student satisfaction at all Dutch colleges and universities. The results are used by external parties (Keuzegids, Elsevier, Studiekeuze 123) in order to measure the reputation of the university and degree programmes.
Why is participation important?
- Every opinion counts; in order to produce a better overall picture, it is important that every student's voice is heard;
- You help future students with their specialization; your opinion is important for the choice of future UT students.
- The results will enable universities of applied sciences and research universities to improve their quality.
- In addition, you have a chance of winning six months' tuition fees and other prizes.
What did we do with previous years’ NSE outcomes?
- Actions already taken
- Feedback sessions to discuss results NSE.
- Improved programme website with more clear information on contents and procedures regarding thesis and graduation;
- More information sessions to inform bachelor students about master’s programs and specializations.
- Plans for the near future
- Further improvement quality assurance: e.g. better communication about results course evaluations and improvements in courses.
Participate before 11 March 2018
- 20 January you received an invitation by e-mail. This e-mail contains a link to log in.
- If you did not receive an invitation, you can get a new link to the questionnaire using the lost link tool or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- NSE is an annual survey. Even if you completed the questionnaire last year, you can still participate again this year.
Fill out the survey and let us know what you think of the UT. Your opinion counts!
For the student-for-a-day programme of some master's degrees we are looking for a few students that would like to take a student that is interested in your study with you.
The only requirements for this are doing a master and being able to speak English. There is also a small compensation available for every student-for-a-day. If you are familiar with the bachelor student-for-a-day programme, the master student-for-a-day programme is similar, but with more focus on the content of the study than everything around it.
It concerns the following masters:
- Business Information Technology
- Computer Science (Track Software Technology or Cyber Security)
- Embedded Systems
- Internet Science & Technology
Are you interested or do you have any questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Discrete structures & efficient algorithms we are looking for 3 students who have sufficient knowledge about Python to assist with the Python practicum.
This will mainly take place in the following afternoons (13:45-17:30): 6, 8, 14 February; 7, 14, 21, 28 March; 9 April.
Interested? Please contact Rom Langerak (email@example.com).
Happy holidays! »
During the Christmas break, the association room will be closed. We wish you a Merry Christmas and see you next year!
The association room will be opened again from 8 January onwards. Monday afternoon, we will bring out a toast together with the faculty.
Update balcony renovations »
Because of floor renovations the balcony will be inaccessible several times this week.
The balcony, and therefore the Inter-Actief room, will be closed at the following moments: Tuesday from 16:30 until Wednesday morning Friday from 13:00 until Monday morning As you've probabily gotten used to, we will host our room in the MBasement on Friday afternoon.
Room closed on Thursday »
Because of balcony maintenance the Inter-Actief room will be closed on Thursday 7th.
Therefore, as planned earlier, we will move the IA room to the MBasement for this day. We expect to be able to access the balcony Friday afternoon again.
The enrolment period for Study Tour Shift, the upcoming study tour to South Korea and Japan in the theme of cyber-physical systems, will close on December 8th.
In order to enroll, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter
- Study plan
For more information, check out our website!
Balcony renovations »
This week the balcony floor will be renewed, which means that the balcony and IA-room will be unavailable at certain times.
- On Monday the 27th of November the kitchen block will be removed.
- Tuesday the 28th of November the balcony floor will be removed starting from 16:00.
- Wednesday the 29th of November the balcony will be accessible till 18:00.
- Thursday the 30th of November the balcony will be accessible the whole day.
- Friday the 1st of December the floor will be finalized starting from 12:00. The IA-room will be available till 11:00, and after 11:00 the board will be present in de MBasement, directly underneath the IA-room.